Almost the entire cryptocurrency reserve is stored offline by Bitpanda, so we can ensure the security of our users.
What we do for your security
Your security matters deeply to us.
This means that this reserve is not connected to the web server or stored on a computer that is connected to the internet.
Login attempts from new devices must be confirmed by email from your registered email address. See active devices and sessions, log out and close a running session via another device.
reCAPTCHA helps guard your account from unauthorized access.
Confirmation emails add an additional security layer to your account, especially on critical actions like sending cryptocurrencies or Fiat withdrawals.
On important data changes like email address, mobile phone number, or two-factor Authentication (2FA) resets, we may contact you personally by phone to validate the changes.
DDOS & SSL
We also offer DDOS protection and SSL encryption.
What you should do for your security
We recommend you to contribute to the security of your wallet by the following means.
Two-factor Authentication (2FA)
Activate two-factor Authentication (2FA) of your Bitpanda-Account.
Tip: Your email provider may offer the option to secure your email account with two-factor Authentication (2FA). This is independent from Bitpanda but adds an additional security layer to your emails and therefore to your Bitpanda account.
Choose a secure password, which you best use nowhere else.
Tip: The coloured bars, when creating the password serve as an indicator of how secure we estimate your password. Please make sure that the bars are at least green.
Please also note the following points:
- Bitpanda will never ask you for your password
- Please make sure that you always write from your registered email, otherwise we will not be allowed to make changes to your account
- We manage the private keys for our users. Unfortunately, it is not possible to hand them over
- Create a backup by securing both your logins and the recovery code of the two-factor Authentication (2FA). You can also print or save the QR code
- Avoid using unknown PCs and public WIFI connections when logging in to your account
- For more information please see our Medium blog post: Security matters at Bitpanda, here’s how you can stay safe
- Read our article about How to spot online scams