For your money to be credited to your fiat wallet, the credit card used needs to be in your possession and registered under your name. Additionally, the credit card has to be either a Mastercard with SecureCode or a Visa card with Verified-by-Visa activated.
Please be aware that there is a 24-hour limit of EUR 2,500 for deposits with credit cards on Bitpanda. If this limit has been reached, you will receive an error message.
Note: When submitting a request related to credit card issues, it is essential to inform us who your credit card provider is, and whether the amount has already been debited from your bank account. If it has, please include the transaction data as a PDF file and additionally as text within your message.
Possible issues and their solutions
- Your credit card is no Mastercard with SecureCode or a Visa card with Verified-by-Visa activated
- Please carefully check if you entered the correct card number, expiration date and CVV
- Be aware that if you entered the wrong PIN too many times when using your credit card, then it might be blocked by your provider for security reasons
- Technical problems on the provider side. You can check the status of our payment methods on our status page. To be notified about updates, click on Subscribe to updates on our status page and select the relevant topics you would like to be notified about
- The credit card transaction is being blocked by your provider
- In case your credit card provider only allows for small deposits or small trading amounts, please check if there is a limit on your credit card account. Some banks may regard Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as internet games or gambling, resulting in low limits or sometimes a complete block of related payments. Furthermore, these providers might charge you an extra fee for a transaction in this category
- You are trying to purchase in a foreign currency that is not currently supported by Bitpanda or your credit card provider is blocking this transaction. Bitpanda supports deposits in EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, TRY, PLN, HUF, CZK, DKK and SEK
- Your provider may have changed their service guidelines and/or reevaluated your credit score and therefore could be blocking your transaction. Please be aware that this situation may not always be communicated to you by your provider
- You are using a virtual credit card or your name is not stated on the credit card. If this is the case, your fiat deposit cannot be automatically approved but will receive the status "Manual approval"
- The information you entered does not match our records, please check again or update your information with us if necessary
- Please note that we cannot accept credit cards issued by banks located in the USA. Please use an accepted credit card as outlined above
Please check back with your credit card provider to see what the problem might be:
Note: Do not contact mPAY24 or Masterpayment directly as they will not be able to help you with your issue. Contact the mentioned credit card providers.
Unfortunately, issuers do not provide us with any data. Therefore, it is essential to communicate who your credit card provider is when submitting a request regarding this issue. Additionally, you can ask them if a security feature is active on your card, and if the funds you need are indeed available.