The credit card needs to be in your possession and registered under your name. Otherwise, the money won't be credited to your FIAT wallet. Additionally, the credit card has to be either a Mastercard with SecureCode or a Visa card with Verified-by-Visa activated.
Furthermore, there is a 24h limit of 2,500 EUR for deposits with credit cards on Bitpanda. Please check if your deposits are within this boundary. If this limit has been reached you will receive an error message within the platform.
Note: It is absolutely necessary when submitting a request relating to credit card issues to inform us who your credit card provider is, and whether the amount has already been debited from your bank account. If this is the case, please also send us a PDF of the transfer form and additionally the data as text.
Possible issues and their solutions
- Your credit card is no Mastercard with SecureCode or a Visa card with Verified-by-Visa activated
- Please carefully check if you entered the correct card number, expiration date and CVV
- Be aware that if you entered the wrong PIN too many times when using your credit card, then it might be blocked by your provider for security reasons
- Technical problems on the provider side. You can check the status of our payment methods on our Status page
- The credit card transaction is being blocked by your provider
- In case your credit card provider only allows for small deposits or small trading amounts, please check if there is a limit on your credit card account. It may occur, that some banks regard Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as internet games or gambling, resulting in low limits or sometimes a complete block of related payments. Furthermore, these providers might charge you an extra fee for a transaction in this category
- You are trying to purchase in a foreign currency that is not currently supported by Bitpanda or your credit card provider is blocking this transaction. Bitpanda supports deposits in EUR, USD, CHF and GBP
- Your provider may have changed their service guidelines, reevaluated your credit score and therefore could be blocking your transaction for those reasons. Please be aware that this situation may not always be communicated to you by your provider
- You are using a virtual credit card or your name is not stated on the credit card. If this is the case, your fiat deposit can not be automatically approved but will receive the status "Manual approval"
- The information you entered does not match our records, please check again or update your information with us if necessary
- You are trying to use a US credit card. We cannot accept credit cards issued by banks seated in the USA. Please use an accepted credit card as outlined above
Please check back with your credit card provider to see what the problem might be:
Note: Do not contact mPAY24 or Masterpayment directly as they will not be able to help you with your issue. Contact the mentioned credit card providers.
Unfortunately, issuers do not provide us with any data, even when we ask. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary, to communicate who your credit card provider is when submitting a request regarding this issue. Additionally you can ask them if a security feature is active on your card, and if the funds you need are indeed available.