This article provides you with an overview of different statuses for incomplete cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals. All your cryptocurrency transaction statuses are shown in your Bitpanda wallet and your History.
If your cryptocurrency deposit does not appear at all, please refer to this article.
This means the transaction has not been confirmed by email yet. If you have not received any email, this article might help you find a solution.
Before email confirmation:
After email confirmation:
Note: Please keep in mind that it is not possible to reverse a transaction once you have confirmed the transaction in the confirmation email.
This means the transaction is being processed on the appropriate network and confirmation should be received shortly. It is no longer possible to cancel the transaction at this point.
If your transaction status has not changed after 3 hours, please:
1. Check if your transaction is visible on the Blockchain.
- If no: Your transaction is Pending
- If yes: Confirmation should be received shortly, go to step 2
2. Check to see if the status of the relevant cryptocurrency is “Operational” on our status page.
- If no: Wait for the status to change back to “Operational”
- If yes: Wait 1 to 2 days. If the transaction status is still Pending (Processing) after 48 hours, then please contact us
Tip: To be notified whenever Bitpanda creates, updates or resolves an incident, such as when a coin is taken out of maintenance or out of trade-only mode, click on Subscribe to updates on our status page and choose which topics you want to get status updates for.
Once the transaction is visible in the Blockchain Explorer as “Unconfirmed Transaction”, this means that the transaction has been successful but still needs some time to be finalised.
Tip: Waiting times of up to one hour are not uncommon with Bitcoin and can be even longer, depending on the utilisation of the Bitcoin network. Cryptocurrency deposits to your Bitpanda wallet will be credited automatically as soon as they have received 6 confirmations from Bitcoin miners or the equivalent level of security on other networks.
Once your transaction is on the blockchain, even as an “Unconfirmed Transaction”, there is nothing we can do to speed up the process or influence it.
Please give the transaction some time to be confirmed.
This status shows up if you have actively cancelled your transaction through your account or your confirmation email. Additionally, your transaction may have been cancelled for the following reasons:
Cases in which no email is received
- The cryptocurrency is currently in maintenance
- The transaction is out of gas (Ethereum and ERC20 tokens)
- Some nodes on the blockchain are temporarily overstrained (in such cases, only a few blocks on the blockchain may be affected and withdrawals in general will still be possible)
- Coin-specific providers are temporarily not working
Cases in which an email is received
- Your daily transaction limit has been reached
- You have a pending proof of funds (PoF) case and/or the proof you have submitted to us is unclear
- Your transaction has been cancelled due to security reasons