To find out how to deposit fiat to your Bitpanda wallet, have a look at our article on how to deposit to your fiat wallet.
What is the status of your deposit or withdrawal? You will find its status in your History.
If you initiate a fiat deposit or withdrawal, it will start with the status Pending.
This indicates that your fiat transaction request was received. At this point it may be necessary that you confirm the transaction by clicking the confirmation link in the confirmation email you received from us.
The Pending (Processing) status indicates that the processing of your fiat transaction has started.
It appears once you have confirmed your deposit or withdrawal with the confirmation email we sent you. At this point, we are waiting for confirmation of receipt from your chosen payment provider. The duration for how long you will see this status depends on the chosen payment provider.
Waiting for payment
The Waiting for payment status will appear on fiat deposits for the following reasons:
- You didn’t complete the fiat deposit procedure correctly. If the option Finish deposit is still available, please properly complete the deposit. If the option is no longer available, the transaction status of the fiat deposit will have automatically changed to Cancelled. If this is the case you have to initiate a new deposit
- If you have completed the fiat deposit correctly, then please have some patience. We are waiting for confirmation from your chosen payment provider
Note: Even if we want to help there is nothing we can do to speed up the process due to the fact that we are waiting for your chosen payment provider to proceed with your fiat transaction.
Your transaction was completed successfully. Note that at this point, no status is shown on the individual transaction in the transaction overview.
But you can additionally confirm that the transaction was completed, by clicking on the individual transaction entry in your History or directly in the respective fiat wallet, and checking the date and time of when it was completed.
The Cancelled status will appear for the following reasons:
- You have cancelled the transaction
- You didn’t complete the fiat transaction procedure correctly
- You didn’t complete the fiat transaction procedure in time
- Your transaction was refunded
- Your credit card was declined
- You attempted a Zimpler deposit with a different phone number to the one you registered with Bitpanda
- A technical error on the payment provider side led to the cancellation of your deposit
- The status of the respective fiat wallet or service was not “Operational” at the time of your transaction attempt
Should you have been charged despite a cancelled fiat deposit or withdrawal, then please send us a photo of your bank statement where we can see the details of the transfer along with the transfer data as a PDF export and additionally as text in the email. Including the data as text will significantly speed-up the processing time of your ticket.
Your fiat transaction has been refunded from where you attempted to make the transaction. In this case you will see two entries:
- The cancelled fiat transaction with the status Cancelled
- An entry called Refund showing the used fiat currency as well as the refunded amount
How long it takes until the refund reaches you will depend on the chosen payment provider. If you haven’t received the refund yet, please reach out to your payment provider.
Tip: Both entries, Cancelled and Refund, have individual PID’s.
Note: Bank transfers can take up to three business days. Please keep in mind, that Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays do not count as working days for banks. Furthermore, Austrian public holidays may differ from holidays in other countries. Additionally, not all banks process transfers around the clock, therefore transfer delays may occur depending on the bank in question.
Find out what you must do when your fiat deposit or withdrawal is on “Manual approval”.
- Not receiving the confirmation email
Find out what you can do if you do not receive emails
- Not receiving the SMS-PIN
If you seem to be having issues with receiving an SMS-PIN in order to deposit to your fiat wallet, then please read this article. For bank transfer (SEPA) no SMS-PIN is required
- Wrong IBAN or Reference number
If you have quoted an incorrect IBAN, or you have forgotten to include, or used the wrong Reference number, then send us a PDF of the transfer form and additionally the data as text. Including the data as text will significantly speed-up the processing time of your ticket
- Wrong registered name
When you made your fiat deposit by bank transfer, you confirmed that the payment provider account used is in your name. If the name you registered with Bitpanda is different to the one in your bank account then your fiat transaction is on “Manual approval”
- Wrong recipient name
If you have entered the wrong recipient name in your fiat deposit by bank transfer then it depends on your bank on how they go forward:
- If you have entered the correct IBAN, your transaction might get assigned correctly. In this case, the bank may make a so-called soft decline and verify the recipient’s name on its own and will then process the transaction without further action needed from you
- Some banks may check back with you to verify if the transfer data you provided is correct
- Some banks may ask you to redo the transaction using the correct recipient name
If you have entered the wrong registered name or recipient name in your fiat withdrawal from Bitpanda, and it is Completed in your Bitpanda wallet, please contact your bank to confirm that you have received the transaction. Once three business days have passed and after you have verified with your bank that you have not received the fiat transaction, then please contact us.